With continued support from our neighbors…
We have big plans!
What we’re doing right now…
Currently, Live Gilmer is planning our 4th annual Risk It for the Brisket, April 6, 2024. We are working with the Chamber of Commerce and other groups to create a whole weekend of festivities leading up to the Total Blackout Eclipse on April 8, including the Risk It for the Brisket BLACKOUT Barbeque competition and festival!
With support from the Gilmer Mirror, we finished the new mural facing Hwy 271 in October, with artist Odessa Help!
Support for the Mural was outstanding! Thank you to all of our sponsors and community supporters!
In August, Live Gilmer supported the Upshur Historic Museum and Commission in celebrating the town’s 175th “birthday,”
In May the Live Gilmer board of directors donated, cooked, and served breakfast to Harmony High seniors for their graduation rehearsal.
We are currently hard at work planning for our 2024 events, including the 4th annual Risk It for the Brisket!
As funding permits, our future goals include:
- Continuing all of our current programming
- Planting trees down Hwy 271
- Starting a scholarship endowment fund to provide one hundred full-ride scholarships to Upshur County graduates
- Donating “Welcome” signs to the downtown area and the city limits
- Working to create a recycling program in town
- Continuing to have annual community impact/give back events, like our donations and downtown improvements
- Donating and maintaining flowerpots to the downtown area
- Working with local government to create a family friendly running trail in Gilmer
- Continued improvement of other community spaces